Dear Residents, Family Members, and Staff,
As a facility, we want to communicate with our residents, families, and staff as much as possible. We will continue to notify residents, families, and staff when a positive COVID-19 case or signs and symptoms are identified in the facility.
Last positive COVID19 case was on 9-15-2021.
Staff and residents will be tested according to IDPH and CMS guidelines. We will continue to practice the protocols and measures we have put in place to protect our residents and staff. These actions include:
- The facility follows the Local Health Department, IDPH, and CDC guidelines to help prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
- All residents are screened for symptoms.
- The facility communicates with physicians, local health departments, regulatory agencies, families, staff, and residents.
- The facility follows IDPH guidelines for reporting COVID-19 cases and outbreaks.
- All staff is screened for respiratory symptoms and temperature checks at the beginning of the shift. If a COVID-19 respiratory symptom or fever is present, the staff member will be sent home.
- All visitors are screened for respiratory symptoms and a temperature check. If a COVID-19 respiratory symptom or fever is present, visitation is denied.
- The facility ensures staff is educated on and correctly perform hand hygiene, donning and doffing of PPE, and use of appropriate products for environmental cleansing/disinfecting.
- The facility ensures adequate supplies of PPE are easily accessible to staff.
- The facility ensures cleaning and disinfection policies and procedures are being followed consistently and correctly.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please immediately reach out to your physician. Symptoms include loss of taste or smell, fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, new onset of headache, chills, and muscle pain.
As always, we are fully committed to the health and safety of our residents and staff. Please reach out to us if you have any questions.
Your Wheaton Village Team