We, Wheaton Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center are continuing to work with local and state health officials to provide a safe environment for our residents and staff. We are allowing visits for all residents. Visitation can be held in resident rooms, dedicated visitation spaces, and outdoors. Regardless of where visitations are held, we ask for all visitors to follow the core principles and best practices to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
Core Principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention
- Visitors who have a positive test for COVID-19, symptoms of COVID-19, or currently meet the criteria for quarantine, should not enter the facility. Facilities will screen all who enter for these visitation exclusions.
- Do not visit if you are feeling sick.
- Hand hygiene, use of hand sanitizer, prior to entering the facility and resident’s room and leaving the facility.
- Face covering or mask (covering mouth and nose) and physical distancing at least six feet between people, in accordance with CDC guidance
- Limit movement in the facility. Please go to the facility’s assigned visitation area or resident’s room.
- Visitors should wear face coverings or masks when around other residents or the healthcare personnel, regardless of vaccination status.
- While not recommended by CDC, residents who are on transmission-based precautions or quarantine can still receive visitors.
Following these core principles, continues to be the safest way to prevent the spread of COVID-19, particularly if either party has not been fully vaccinated.
There is a potential risk of visiting during an outbreak investigation and please continue to adhere to the core principles of infection prevention.
Please call the facility for additional information.
Wheaton Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
**Visitors who are unable to adhere to the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention should not be permitted to visit or should be asked to leave. By following a person-centered approach and adhering to these core principles, visitation can occur safely.